Clan ~R.O.R~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOLDING A TOURNAMENT

3 posters

Go down

HOLDING A TOURNAMENT Empty HOLDING A TOURNAMENT

Post  vineeth_h Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:57 pm

Hello all,
Right so i thought that we as a clan should hold a tournament this summer for indians only.
But obviously i will need all your help also.

ALL IDEAS MENTIONED BELOW ARE ASSUMING THAT 50-60 players sign up for the tournament!

Sameer came up with the idea of giving a graphics card as the champion's prize and either a 9600GT or a 9800GT depending on how many players we get.
He also gave the idea for Rs.100 as registration fees. (the amount is not finalised....will finalise after we see the response from how many players sign up for it).
Assuming around 50-60 players sign up ,we'll have somewhere between 5000-6000 and maybe i as the host might put in a lil' more to cover up the remaining amount for the graphics card IF we're short of cash.

Sound like a good idea?

Firstly should we hold the entire tournament on one day? or over a no. of days? ->Not decided

Secondly How are we going to inform the other players in india about this?
Well once we finalise the plans we'll put up the details on TM-FORUM
Whenever each one of us comes online we can spend about 10 minutes first checking out which other indians are playing online and then join their game and inform them about this tournament and ask them to sign up if they want to.
Or some other CRAZY IDEA which i've not yet come up with. Your Ideas are welcome!

Now regarding how we're going to collect the registration fees.....I HAVE NO IDEA! So suggestions are welcome.!

Well now regarding the tracks i don't want to put up any of those really short 10 second maps or really long 2 minute maps.....no i was thinking somewhere around a minute or a lil' less.....and for that i thought we should use the OFFICIAL TRACKS used by the Electronic Sports World Championship(ESWC) and their tracks are posted up on their site BECAUSE they will most probably have NO CUTS so that it'll be a fair race based on skill-so we could get about 30 of those tracks and choose the best one's from those 30 and narrow it down.

I was also thinking that in each round we'll change the mode of playing.
Example: Round 1 :Time attack
Round 2: Rounds
Round 3: Laps
etc etc.
And in each round we'll play 5-6 tracks and then get the person who wins to most to proceed to next round.
Any other suggestions regarding tracks and kind of mode are welcome as well.

Regarding the way of conducting it......I was thinking about starting one more server n holding matches simultaneously on it.
I will be the master admin on one server and will make someone else the master admin on the other server(it is possible to have multiple master admins too).
Now we can divide the players into groups of 5 n each round will be held with 5 players at a time and it will be knockout ,so whoever is the best in each round advances to the next round.

So thats all i've come up with now........THESE ARE NOT THE FINAL PLANS! ALL OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED IDEAS CAN BE CHANGED AS PER THE BEST SUGGESTION PROVIDED BY YOU GUYS.
So please do reply quickly so that IF we're to host this tournament as a clan we can finalise the plans by mid-april and start the signing up process quickly before the tournament in MAY or JUNE.

vineeth_h

Back to top Go down

HOLDING A TOURNAMENT Empty Re: HOLDING A TOURNAMENT

Post  scorpster Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:07 pm

Awesome Idea ....I'm game.....Lets go for it .... bounce
scorpster
scorpster

Back to top Go down

Post  vineeth_h Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:59 pm

yo scorpster ! i need suggestions for the things that i still haven't got ideas for!!! READ THE ENTIRE THING! and wherever you find that i don't have any suggestions do make some suggestions ....eg regarding how to make the money collection of Rs.100 and also how we're going to actually inform a lotta indians about the tournament and some other things!! SUGGESTIONS!!!

vineeth_h

Back to top Go down

Post  scorpster Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:43 am

I am thinking bro.......willl post a suggestion very soon .......... cheers
scorpster
scorpster

Back to top Go down

HOLDING A TOURNAMENT Empty tournament

Post  sameer Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:14 pm

how about collecting the money through cheque or a demand draft? maybe u can open an a/c and send us the add.as for advertising we can always pass it around in tmnf through friends.
Laughing

sameer

Back to top Go down

Post  vineeth_h Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Luckily i turned 18 a few months ago and started my account back then with ICICI. And yeah the cheques/dd's can come in and i can get it deposited into my account and use it to buy the card -Which btw i found a genuine dealer whose selling the nVidia 9800GT 512MB for Rs.6500 with a year's warranty -BUT you forget that many of the players are below 18 so how are they supposed to send in cheque's/dd's????

For that i have this idea,
lets start getting people to start signing up NOW and get their details WITHOUT ASKING FOR THE MONEY NOW, regarding age and all, and we'll see how many over 18 are there who can send in the money and then see if we can buy the card with those many people above 18 and if we can then we can let those below 18 play without any registration fee - ok?

As for the registration i'll go around and ask people to send me their details( name,email id,age) (and you do the same as well) to my email id starting today .
So we'll see the response and if 65 or more people sign up over 18 then we can go ahead and give them the details and ask them to send the money along.

My email id is : vineeth.h91@gmail.com
Just tell it to anyone you see playing online and ask them to send in the details as soon as possible and i'll put updates here on who all have signed up .

Alright?

vineeth_h

Back to top Go down

Post  vineeth_h Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:35 pm

hey sam,
LEAVE THE EMAIL ID REGISTRATION.
i found an "event registration" site where people can go to and just register directly for the event.
Much easier than email registration.
WIll post the link soon.

vineeth_h

Back to top Go down

Post  vineeth_h Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:07 pm

OK THIS IS THE LINK: http://www.eventsbot.com/events/eb921060476

go there and check out the page and tell me wheter i need to add any more DETAILS in the EVENT DETAILS section and start registering yourselves and give out this link to all/any indians you come across.

vineeth_h

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down